Joshua and Lacynda Webb

Joshua and Lacynda Webb
Ambassadors for Christ to the Sonora Desert of Mexico

Friday, August 8, 2008

His Eye is On the Sparrow

My parents travelled before I was born in a Southern Gospel group. I was exposed to music from the day I was born. Since the age of four, I have been singing on stage as a performer and worship leader. So, it's no surprise to anyone that I get through my day with a song on my lips.

And not just a quiet song, either. One day in my presence, and you will quickly learn that if my lips are spelling out melodies, my fingers are playing them on the piano. Sometimes I drive Joshua mad with all my hummings and ditties.

I grew up in a predominent-southern church, in southwestern Indiana, where, for the first ten years of my life, I knew nothing but old church-gathering choruses and foot stomping, tear jerking, joy-shoutin' hymns. As a child, those hymns were just songs. But as I mature and grow in my faith, those simple "songs" have become extremely profound. In these last three months, our lives have been so crazy! Yet, these two hymns have stayed on my heart:

When we all get to heaven, what a day of rejoincing that will be
When we all see Jesus, we will sing and shout the victory
Let us then be true and faithful
Trusting and serving every day
Just once glimpse of him in glory
Will the toils of life repay!

What an awesome encouragement, to know that the toils of this life will be repaid when we see our savior face-to-face.

As I travel through this weary land there is a friend who walks with me
Leads me safely through the sinking sand, he is the christ of calvary
....
....
Jesus, hold my hand, I need thee every hour
Through this pilgrim land protect me by thy power
Her my feeble plea
Oh, Lord, look down on my
When I kneel in there, I hope I meet you there
Blessed Jesus hold my hand

The world hopes in something they do not understand. Our hope in built on a sure foundation, one that will never give way! We hope in sound reason and doctrine. Isaiah says, "Come, and let us reason together!" Our faith is built on the knowledge that Jesus is the only one who can hold our hands through this land that is not our own!

And this, my alltime favorite hymn, is in my heart every day. Praise God for his unfailing love, even when we falter in our love and faith toward him!

  1. The love of God is greater far
    Than tongue or pen can ever tell;
    It goes beyond the highest star,
    And reaches to the lowest hell;
    The guilty pair, bowed down with care,
    God gave His Son to win;
    His erring child He reconciled,
    And pardoned from his sin.

    • Oh, love of God, how rich and pure!
      How measureless and strong!
      It shall forevermore endure—
      The saints’ and angels’ song.

  2. When hoary time shall pass away,
    And earthly thrones and kingdoms fall,
    When men who here refuse to pray,
    On rocks and hills and mountains call,
    God’s love so sure, shall still endure,
    All measureless and strong;
    Redeeming grace to Adam’s race—
    The saints’ and angels’ song.
  3. Could we with ink the ocean fill,
    And were the skies of parchment made,
    Were every stalk on earth a quill,
    And every man a scribe by trade;
    To write the love of God above
    Would drain the ocean dry;
    Nor could the scroll contain the whole,
    Though stretched from sky to sky.


It is a joy to know that our Lord uses the things of a child to support them as an adult. I love old hymns. I think they are so profound and deep. Don't get me wrong, I love new stuff. There's a lot of profound music today that is reaching the ever-changing culture. But God's message is always the same ... If his eye is watching the sparrow and knows each one that falls, doesn't he love the creation that is formed after his own image even all the more? And if he knows every hair on your head, counts them one-by-one, and even knows them by name and sees every one that falls (some of us have lost more than others), how much more interested is he in your soul and wellbeing? What an awesome God we serve!

No comments:

¿Quiera leer este blog en español? Chasquido AQUÍ para la versión española de este blog.

We are Josh and Lacy Webb. We married in 2003 as missionaries, and continue now together in our calling as a family to spread the love of Christ wherever he allows us to be. Believers are the ministry, the servants, of our Lord and Savior. the basis of His Ministry. We make up a web of servants, which stretches across the world, touching lives in many areas but connecting them all through us to our Lord and Savior, the Risen Messiah, Jesus the Christ.

Want to find out how you can participate in sharing God's love in Mexico as an ambassador for Christ? Have a question to send our way? Want to subscribe to our mailing list? Just want to make a new friend?

Here's three ways you can contact us:

E-mail


Postal Address
Joshua and Lacynda Webb,
5906 N. New York Ave.
Evansville, Indiana 47711



Telephone,
812-461-8478